I love breakfast. I very strongly believe that there is no problem that can’t be solved by breakfast food. One of my favorite easy breakfasts to make, especially during the school year, is this simple breakfast taco.
The beauty of the breakfast taco is its ease and its versatility. Most recently, I made my breakfast taco with avocado, tomatoes, egg, and cheese. But you can add anything you want! Breakfast meats, potatoes, beans, peppers, onions; it all depends on what you have in your fridge.
Below is the recipe for the tacos I made most recently, but feel free to add or take away anything! And let me know below what your go-to breakfast is at the moment!
Easy Breakfast Taco
Cook time: About 15 minutes
Serves: 1-2 (I usually only eat one but it depends on your appetite in the morning)
1/2 cup cheese, shredded (cheddar or Colby jack are ideal)
2 small corn or flour tortillas
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In about one tablespoon butter, crack both eggs, season with salt and pepper, and cook on medium heat to desired doneness (I prefer over medium).
- While the eggs are cooking, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on each tortilla and microwave about 40 seconds to melt.
- Slice the avocado into 6 segments.
- Place 3 slices of avocado and 6 tomato halves on each cheesy tortilla, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place one egg on each tortilla and serve.